List of indications for the Gasteiner Heilstollen treatment
As a combined hyperthermia/radon inhalation with an additional skin radiation under high air humidity, are basically identical with the general indications of radon treatment.
On the one hand, hyperthermia has an independent therapeutic effect, and on the other it enhances the absorption and distribution of radon in the body.
The Heilstollen treatment can achieve a higher therapeutic dose, inducing a stronger and longer lasting therapeutic effect, and a reduced need for medication.
Chronic pain and functional disorders in case of diseases affecting the locomotor apparatus
- Chronic inflammatory rheumatic conditions, in particular Bechterew disease (ankylosing spondylitis or spondylarthropathies), as well as chronic polyarthritis (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Degenerative diseases of the large and small joints (arthritis)
- Degenerative diseases of the spinal column (spondylitis, spondylarthroses, osteochondroses)
- Chronic discopathies, also post-operatively
- Fibromyalgia syndrome
- Non-articular rheumatism (non-inflammatory pain in the tendons and muscles)
- Psoriatic arthropathy or psoriatic arthritis
- Chronic arthritis urica
- Chronic consequences of accidents and sports injuries
- Neuralgias, neuritis, polyneuropathia
Regeneration, circulation, and immunologic skin balance disorders
- Wounds that fail to heal, especially ulcus cruris
- Psoriasis (vulgaris)
- Slight peripheral circulatory disorders
Functional disorders of the respiratory tract
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Bronchial asthma
- Chronic sinusitis
- Hay fever
- Premenopausal and menopausal complaints
Pregnancy, hyperthyreosis; in the case of patients with malignant tumours, there must be a pause of at least one year after successful chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy and/or immunotherapy before beginning with the Heilstollen treatment. Children and adolescents should basically be excluded from radon treatment. Here, the risk of medication treatment must be weighed against that of a weak radiation treatment on a case-to-case basis.
Medical Contact: Gastein Healing Gallery
If you have specific questions about the treatment effects and/or restrictions, or about risk stratification, please get in touch with the head of our medical team:
Set up an appointment for a free telephone discussion:
call our toll-free international phone number +800-6006-7878
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org